Re: DM application of Herbert Parentes Fortes Neto

Hi all,

I am working with Herbert, as sponsor, since 2014. I've sponsored the
uploads of gifsicle, gphoto2, gthumb, libgphoto2, po-debconf, pyparted
and sagasu to experimental/unstable. I also sponsored the btcheck, now
in NEW, el-get as NMU and blackbox as QA upload.

I state that Herbert Parentes Fortes Neto has the technical skills
needed to maintain Debian packages. I support his application to become
a Debian maintainer because he has a very good knowledge about packaging,
is very capable and adopted the almost packages that he maintains. Is
very important to say that some these adopted packages have a high popcon
and are a bit complex to maintain, as gphoto2, gthumb and libgphoto2. In
addition, I bear witness that Herbert maintains an excellent contact with
the upstreams (when they are responsive), sending patches, ideas and
improvements.

I would like to see Herbert as Debian Maintainer because I am sure that
he will make a great job. Currently, his time is fully dedicated to Debian
and to improve his skills. He has a particular passion by packaging.

Thanks,

Eriberto