AM report for Simon Kainz

I recommend to accept Simon Kainz as a Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Simon
   Middle name:     -
   Last name:       Kainz
   Key fingerprint: ED98D2D344641A6859A0864F1CB4F0F78DECAFE9
   Account:         skainz

2. Background
-------------
I first came in contact with Linux about 2008, where i started to work
at the Department of Computing at Graz University of Technology. I did
this besides finishing my Master Thesis. My coworker taught me all the
 "secrets" i needed to know about system administration, especially
focused on cluster computing (HPC). Currenty we run 6 HPC system of
different sizes as well as some LAMP servers. I also wrote some
monitoring scripts and run a Nagios instance.

As my coworker is an active DD (and 100 % blind), i accompanied him to
3 DebConfs (DC9 in Caceres, DC11 in Banja Luka, DC12 in Managua) and
was really impressed by the nice, friendly community.

In June 2012 i announced duck, the _D_ebian _U_RL _C_hec_k_er [1], and
after some suggestions from Paul Wise, i also packaged duck [2].

I also packaged rtax [3], which was needed for some of my cluster users.

My primary areas of interest within Debian is QA work as well as MIA
and documentation/translation work.
I know that there are so many skilled people within Debian, working
hard on packaging and programming. I want to give back some of the
great work (which i basically owe my job), taking care of things i
know programmers usually don't handle with highest priority, like QA
work, documentation and eventually translation. I think, there are
still some aspects of Debian which would need some work concerning
this areas, and by working on those tasks, i think i probably can help
in making Debian even better.

--
Andrea Colangelo                              |   http://andreacolangelo.com
Head of Content Strategy, Cloud Academy Inc.  |   http://cloudacademy.com