Re: Subject: DM application of Ross Gammon

Hi,

I am happy to hear that Ross Gammon finally applied for Debian Maintainer.
I strongly believe that he has the technical skills required for a DM.
Therefore, I advocate his application.

I have worked with Ross as a sponsor of the "gramps" package, of which
I'm a happy user.

He has shown that he is able to closely work together with upstream in a
both directions: backporting bug-fixes for the Debian package from the
development version of upstream, and advising upstream devs to make
releases fit better for the inclusion into Debian.
He even managed to make upstream finalize their last bug-fix release of
"gramps" just in time to enter the archives and to migrate to testing,
so it will be featured in jessie :-)

When sponsoring the package, my main task (apart from uploading) was
nitpicking on some minor issues, which he always promptly resolved
(without shying away from sometimes much effort - compared to the
importance of the issues).

Please accept Ross as DM and thanks for all your work in the new member
process.

gfmsar
IOhannes