Report for 'Debian Developer, uploading' applicant Alexander Chernyakhovsky

Hello,

I recommend to accept Alexander Chernyakhovsky as a new Debian Developer, uploading.
The account name is achernya.

 * Applicant background

My first experience with GNU/Linux was around 1997 with Red Hat
Linux. Both of my parents were computer science graduate students at
the time, and needed a computer that had a similar environment to the
UNIX machines they had in lab, which were various SPARC workstations
at the time, with a select few Linux workstations.

Over time, I learned the strange computer interface---everything from
logging in at the console and running "startx" to starting up the ppp0
link with the modem and using ssh. I was astounded that such a system
could be Free, and wanted to contribute. I learned to program in C,
C++ and Java, and started working on my own toy projects, but lacking
access to the OSS community in the suburbs of Ohio, I didn't know what
to do next.

It wasn't until much later, with the introduction of the modern Fedora
project that I started reporting bugs into the bug trackers, sometimes
with patches attached. However, my contributions to F/LOSS projects
remained limited until I became a student at MIT in 2010, where I met
many Debian and Ubuntu contributors through SIPB, MIT's student
computing club.

At a Debian Bug Squashing Party in January 2011, I complained about
byobu-2.80-1 failing to install on squeeze to lfaraone and paultag,