Re: DM application of Louis Bouchard

On 05/16/2014 09:27 AM, Louis Bouchard wrote:
> Hello,

> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages makedumpfile and I co‐maintain the packages
> sosreport.
>
> My GnuPG key 823E7A61 is signed by Debian Developers Steve Langasek and
> Alessio Treglia.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

I have met Louis Bouchard through our common employer. As part of his
day-job he performs troubleshooting of ubuntu installations, creates
bug-fixes and prepares stable updates. Thus his packaging skills are
highly cautious, minimal and most of the time geared towards creating
clean backports / stable updates. He has deep knowledge of makedumpfile
& sosreport has previously improved respective source codes and also
performing packaging updates to imporve integration into both Debian and
Ubuntu operating systems. In Debian, most of his contributions are in
the makedumpfile package for which he prepared uploads of multiple new
upstream releases. Louis' technical, programming and packaging skills
are more than sufficient to become a DM.

I hereby support Louis Bouchard to become a Debian Maintainer.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.