Re: DM application of Simon Kainz

Hi.

I believe that Simon Kainz has the technical skills to maintain Debian
packages.  I support his application to become a Debian maintainer.

Simon and I share an office and most of our daily workload.
We do use Debian for HPC and LAMP systems we maintain at work.
So I have a fairly good understanding of his capabilities.

We have also visited three DebConfs togehter, which was as far as I can
tell quite an inspirational experience for him (and me).

I have tutored and sponsored him when he started to do his first
packaging work, and he has demonstrated the necessary willingness to
learn how to do things "the right way".

I fully support his application as a DM.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>