Advocacy for Iain R. Learmonth

Hello,

I advocate Iain R. Learmonth to become Debian Developer, uploading.

The current status of Iain R. Learmonth is Debian Contributor.

Advocacy text:

I'm aware that Iain seems to fast-speed from a user to DD but I see good reasons to support this.  As Iain wrote we met at the Debian Med sprint in the beginning of this year.  I had the impression that Iain learned very quickly to do high quality packages.  I have sponsored several different packages and can confirm he is doing a good job.
The reason why he is applying for an uploading DD is that he dived into the hamradio team which is really short in DDs with upload permissions.  Since Iain has proven to be honest about the things he is doing I can perfectly understand his attempt to widen the bottleneck in this team.  I personally like it if people enter Debian in Debian Med and than widen their focus, find out where their work is needed and start filling existing gaps.
He also cared for infrastructure like PET and thus has understood that Debian is not only adding packages to the pool but quite some QA infrastructure exists and can be actively used.
Besides the fact that I trust in Iains technical skills he very quickly adopted the habit to help other team members in Debian Med (which I observed on our list) and most probably also in hamradio team (which I just obtain from his mails).  He actively followed my tracks in mentoring newcomers - which is in my view a good sign to become a DD (if only every DD would show this good habit ;-)).
In short:  I'd support Iains application to become a DD even if he was a DM only for a short period of time.
Kind regards
     Andreas.

Andreas Tille (via nm.debian.org)