Re: Advocacy for Diane Trout

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 20:38:21 Lisandro Damixe1n Nicanor Pxe9rez Meyer
via nm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I advocate Diane Trout to become Debian Developer, uploading.
>
> The current status of Diane Trout is Debian Maintainer.
>
> Advocacy text:
>
> I want to advocate Diane as DD, uploading. I have the pleasure to work with
> Diane within the Qt/KDE team for at least two years now.
>
> On the technical side she has been maintaining the KDE Telepathy stack for
> quite some time now as a DM, and even handling C++ libs (with symbols,
> SONAME changes, etc). She even has become an upstream for the project.
>
> But technical skills are not enough, she also has showed to have very nice
> social skills to work within the team. She has not hesitated to ask for
> help if in doubt and help others when possible.
>
> She has showed that she can be trusted to become an uploading DD.
>
> Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer (via nm.debian.org)

Yes.  Definitely.

In addition to the above, I've had the pleasure of having Diane's
contributions to a python based project where I'm upstream and in that context
her contribution was technically correct and very useful and she was a
pleasure to work with.

Scott K