Re: How can a DM with guest account apply for DD ?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 12:04:34AM +0300, أحمد المحمودي wrote:

>   I tried the following steps on nm.debian.org:
>   * Logged in with alioth account, since I am not a DD, I cannot set a
>     Debian SSO password, hence I cannot login to nm.debian.org using my
>     guest account.
>   * I applied for DD using http://nm.debian.org/public/newnm, but it
>     complained that my GPG fingerprint & Debian account name already
>     exists, which is true since I have a guest account.

There's a bug in the site. It should be able to know, once you're logged
in, that you already have an entry in the system, and just tell you to
tell your advocates to click the right link.

However, until very recently, we did not have a mapping to Alioth SSO
usernames for site entries: existing DMs on the site lack this mapping.
So you log in, but the site still isn't able to see who you are.

I need to dedicate a few hours to do evil incantations to map site
entries to alioth accounts for people who are already DMs. There is no
quick&dirty way of doing it, and I'll have to be creative and evil and
careful.

For the records, we have 591 entries that need mapping to SSO alioth
accounts. I have ideas for euristics, luckily: time is more of an issue.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>