Re: Advocacy for Harlan Lieberman-Berg

On Sun, 2014-08-31 at 15:02 -0700, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 12:48:14PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> > Since when is it acceptable to advocate someone for a technical role in
> > Debian while having no direct knowledge of their technical work?
>
> Indeed it is not acceptable, and I have just undone it.
>
> Advocacies based on just a chat instead of on experience of working
> together have been rejected in the past and continue to be rejected.

Fair enough.

Harlan, if you would like to enter NM, please spend some time reviewing
the packages flowing by on debian-mentors and I will advocate you when
you feel you are ready and I am happy with the reviews you send.
You might also like to join the copyright review effort:

https://wiki.debian.org/CopyrightReview

--
bye,
pabs