Advocacy for Ryan Lortie

Hello,

I advocate Ryan Lortie to become Debian Developer, non-uploading.

The current status of Ryan Lortie is Debian Contributor, with guest account.

Advocacy text:

I believe Ryan Lortie has significant technical knowledge in programming and free software and good understanding of Debian values. He is a good fit within Debian community and has totally thrown people off-track whilst playing the game of our leader, by stating the truth that he is not a DD, thus tricking others into lying. His main programming contributions to Debian are via contributing code to GNOME upstream, derivatives (mainly Ubuntu), Freedesktop.org (e.g. XDG Runtime dir spec) and etc. His primary interests in Debian are those of improving relations with upstreams and derivatives, thus he requested "to totally hook him up" for a status of a non-uploading DD. He has attended Debconf 2014 in Portland, and is known to Debian since 2013-10-30.

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (via nm.debian.org)