Re: DM Application of Eric Anholt

Eric Anholt wrote:

I have worked closely with Eric Anholt within the free software
community for over a decade, (beginning with the fork that led to the
creation of the X.org project, and including 6+ years working
side-by-side for the same employer).

Eric is among the most talented and effective software developers I have
ever met. He has a well-developed sense of "taste", the ability to
retain the intricacies of vastly complex systems, and an undying desire
to improve implementations. He's also fun and entertaining to spend time
with.

I am certain that he will apply to Debian the same attention to detail
he has applied to X, Mesa, piglit, bouldering, and ukulele playing.

I have no doubt that his involvement in Debian will be beneficial. His
personal philosophies align with those put forth in the Debian Social
Contract. His current packaging of libepoxy has proven effective and
useful.

I thoroughly recommend his application for the position of Debian
Maintainer.

Please feel free to ask if you need any further detail from me,

-Carl