Re: Problem with DD application when you are DM

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 10:02:31AM +0100, Tomasz Buchert wrote:

> > > Since you already have an entry, I believe it is up to an advocate of
> > > yours to login to the system and simply advocate you - see "If you
> > > already have an entry in the system" on
> >
> > Yes! Tomasz, your process will start when you receive indications from
> > your advocates. This is an automagic process.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Eriberto
>
> Dear Andreas and Eriberto,
> thanks for information. I think it is not clear on the application
> page and I propose to make it more clear by explicitely stating
> "automagical" triggering of the process and future steps after that
> (that part is completely missing).

I'm wondering what's not clear in the https://nm.debian.org/public/newnm
(which is linked in https://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-checklist)

"You can now submit the form, and you will get an email with a link to
visit to confirm your data. The link will be encrypted with your GPG
key. Once you have confirmed, other Debian Developers can go to your
personal page and advocate you for what you require."

> Also, it is not obvious how the applicant can submit his short bio and
> state his/her future Debian login.

also from https://nm.debian.org/public/newnm:

"Short presentation

Finally, please tell something about yourself, how you came to Debian
and Free Software, and why you want to volunteer your time. Please
describe the contributions you have made to Debian, your primary areas
of interest and any goals you wish to accomplish.

The intention is to use this to introduce you publicly to the rest of
the project: it will be shown on your personal page on nm.debian.org and
posted to the debian-newmaint mailing list, which is publicly archived."

and

"User name

Please select a username. You will need this if you are requesting a
guest account on Debian machines, or if you are going to become a Debian
Developer. This is not needed for Debian Maintainers, but if you want,
you can reserve one now. [...]"

Regards,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      4096R/E4B6813D
 : :' :  http://acaia.ca/~tiago                       XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago _at_ {acaia.ca, debian.org}            IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org