Advocacy for Julian Taylor

Hello,

I advocate Julian Taylor to become Debian Developer, uploading.
Advocacy text:

I had a pleasure working with Julian in the course of my maintaintership of few scientific Python packages (e.g. pandas, statsmodels) in Debian while he was taking care about them in Ubuntu and contributing back upstream, i.e. to Debian.  We also had fun troubleshooting together obscure bugs in numpy and pandas on exotic platforms (e.g. s390) which he had no access to, I was lacking sufficient background to troubleshoot them myself.  Julian is also a regular contributor to upstream NumPy project, making him well aware of its intrinsics, and helping to assure healthy numpy operation on Debian platforms.   Interacting with him was always a pleasure: he possesses strong technical skills and healthy social merits (as far as could have been judged from emails/IRC/IM ;-) ).

I would wholeheartedly advocate him to seek Debian developer status -- he would be a great addition to the Debian project.

Yaroslav Halchenko (via nm.debian.org)