AM report for Patty Langasek

I recommend to accept Patty Langasek as a Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Patty
   Middle name:     -
   Last name:       Langasek
   Key fingerprint: EEC7766C55EDF438258C6B8CDD75EFFD968C5973
   Account:         harmoney

2. Background
-------------

Applicants write:

   My name is Patty Langasek, and I've been exposed to Linux since
   college when some engineering friends of mine declared I had an email
   address on their Red Hat sandbox machine, taught me how to use it,
   taught me a few simple command lines, and encouraged me to try to
   break it.  At the time (1996), my little Packard Bell was running
   Windows 3.11 and it didn't take me long to realize how much superior
   Linux ran on it.  Networking was far easier, X-server was evolving
   rapidly, simple (and fun) games were already available (this is very
   important to get my attention) and my computer was suddenly much more
   secure.  I was new to the Internet in general, so learning command
   line functions to get connected to places wasn't even a challenge.  I
   asked my engineering friends to help me repurpose the computer my
   family bought me for high school graduation to be useful and run Red
   Hat (though dual-booted to make sure my roommate could still access
   it in Windows if she needed to).  Computer life became much better
   for me at that point.

   3 years later, I became engaged to one of those friends, Steve
   Langasek, who was working for an ISP.  During his work at an ISP, he
   stumbled across Debian and jumped right in.  It didn't take long, and
   he was applying for developer status, then running off to meet other
   developers across Iowa, and signing up to meet up with even more
   developers when we traveled anywhere (even on our honeymoon, when we
   went to Italy, I was subjected to key signings and developer meetings
   and such).  Even though I didn't attend a DebConf for 3 years after
   meeting Enrico, Guido and so many other awesome Italian Debian
   Developers, I was hooked.  I found I loved *this* community and the
   general attitude of the social Debian Developers.  So, I allowed my
   husband to play with his new friends.

   Then, I attended DebConf in Brazil. I knew at that point I needed to
   be part of the community as me, not as the wife of Steve Langasek,
   the Debian Developer.  I was tired of introducing myself as being at
   DebConf because I'm married to one of the developers, because that
   wasn't true, but the rest of the story was just so long that it was
   the simplest way to introduce myself.  I started helping at DebConfs,
   mediating (and sometimes sniping, oops) on mailing lists and
   generally becoming my own presence.  I knew my goal was met when I
   was told at DebConf10 that my smile makes DebConf welcoming.

   Eventually, I may go on and explore more technical matters.  In fact,
   I intend to do just that.  For now, I'm still in love with the
   community and the people and want to help improve and expand those.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Patty has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures and
answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS, etc. in
a good way. Patty committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his Debian work
and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills

Patty has good understanding of important Debian sub-projects she has
contributed to in the past, and she is committing to contribute in the
future, in particular: DebConf, debian-women, and the
anti-harassment@d.o contact point.

I recommend to accept Patty Langasek as a Debian Developer (with no
upload access to the Debian archive, as requested).

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .