Re: AM report for Jacob Appelbaum

On 06/18/2013 05:46 AM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Moritz Muehlenhoff dijo [Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 10:42:10PM +0200]:
>> Jacob Appelbaum is a a perfect match for Debian both in terms of
>> technical skills and in terms of compatibility with ours spirit and
>> free software values.
>>
>> I thus recommend Jacob as a Debian Developer.
>>
>> 1. Identification & Account Data
>> --------------------------------
>>    First name:      Jacob
>>    Middle name:     -
>>    Last name:       Appelbaum
>>    Account:         ioerror
>>
>> 2. Background
>> -------------
>> (...)
>
> I am very glad Jacob is finally joining the Debian ranks. Yes, I know
> the time for advocating his request is long over, but I have been
> waiting for his request to be approved for quite a bit. Having met
> Jacob back in 2008 in DebConf 8 was a great experience, and although I
> have not followed him much, it often struck me that he was not yet in
> here. So, welcome, and let me preemptively thank you for all the great
> work you will do in Debian :)

I too, am very glad that Jacob is finally a DD. He doesn't know me, but
I believe we have common friends. I've been following what he does for
quite some time (with the Tor network and so on), and I am very glad to
see that someone with this kind of profile can do some stuff in Debian.

WELCOME !

I hope to meet you one day at Debconf (are you coming to Debconf 13?)

Thomas Goirand (zigo)