AM report for Maarten Bernardus Lankhorst

Hello,

I strongly recommend to accept Maarten Bernardus Lankhorst as a Debian
Developer.

1. Identification & Account Data
- --------------------------------
   First name:      Maarten
   Middle name:     Bernardus
   Last name:       Lankhorst
   Key fingerprint: B97BD6A80CAC4981091AE547FE558C72A67013C3
   Account:         maarten

Maarten wants his email address forwarded to debian@mblankhorst.nl

2. Background
- -------------

I can't remember, but I started with linux around the time of windows
2000. It didn't work for me, but I tried again later. I've run all major
distros at some point.

After I've learned a bit how to program, and started submitting patches
to wine. I finished a summer of code project to improve audio in 2007,
and still maintain the ubuntu-wine ppa for ubuntu. I believe it's used
as a base for some debian people too.

In the summer of 2011 I started working on nouveau, making VDPAU work on
nouveau, which is now available if you build nouveau manually. The
shared components are used for vdpau support in radeon's open source
drivers too.

I've moved on to kernel development and sometimes fix bugs in the
nouveau kernel module. I'm working on hybrid graphics support, for which
I wrote the ww_mutex code in the kernel.

I'm employed by canonical to support the X.org stack in ubuntu, but the
packages are shared with debian, sometimes with a few changes, so I
maintain them in debian too.

My interest is maintaining the packages related to X.org, keeping ubuntu
and debian loosely in sync.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------

Maarten has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Maarten committed to uphold the SC and
DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
- -------------------

Even if the recommendations from both Julien and Cyril is a huge plus
his work on the X stack for Debian and Ubuntu speak for himself, we
performed all the various steps and Maarten has been able to answer to
all of them without any doubt.
He also found the opportunity to troll me on one of my (many) mistakes
on LLVM.

5. Recommendation

I strongly recommend  to accept Maarten Lankhorst as a Debian Developer.

Cheers,
Sylvestre