AM report for Vincent Cheng

I recommend to accept Vincent Cheng as a Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Vincent
   Last name:       Cheng
   Key fingerprint: D53A815A3CB7659AF882E3958EEDCC1BAA1F32FF
   Account:         vcheng

2. Background
-------------

I started diving into the FOSS/Linux world back in my last 2 years in
high school / secondary school, after my IT teacher mentioned in passing
Linux (specifically Ubuntu and Linux Mint) . I've always loved to tinker
with things, and back then I was curious to find out what this "Linux"
thing was, and how it differed from the Windows/Mac systems that were
available for students to use at my school. What intrigued me most about
the concept was why and how the FOSS community came together to produce
software that could freely be used by anyone, anywhere, for any purpose.
It was a completely foreign, yet very appealing concept to me; I felt
inspired to give back to the community as well, but I had no idea how to
do so.

Fast forward to 2010, when Google announced their very first Google
Code-In [1] (essentially a "Google Summer of Code" for pre-university
students). It was at this point that I first got involved in Debian not
just as an user, but as a contributor, taking on bite-sized tasks with
the help of a mentor (e.g. my first manual page, update-notifier(1) [2],
and the very first Debian package I prepared, gnote [3], which I later
adopted). I'd like to give a quick shoutout to Ana Guerrero <ana> here,
who mentored me at the time, pushing me in the right direction and
sponsoring my very first packages into Debian.

After GCI 2010 ended, and now that I was familiar with Debian
development processes, I continued to adopt a number of orphaned
packages, and packaging new stuff as well; it eventually led me to the
Debian Games team, and roughly half of the 30+ packages I currently
maintain, are maintained within the team.

Nowadays I'm a 20-years-old, 3rd year undergraduate student at the
University of British Columbia, majoring in Computer Science, and of
course aspiring DD as well. I'd like to think that I'm not as clueless
as I was half a decade ago, but that's for you to judge. ;)

As a DD, I would like to continue to maintain my current set of
packages, and be more active on the Games team, perhaps by lending a
hand with sponsorship (both in and outside the team). Time permitting,
I'd also like to take part in programs such as GSoC and GCI, and any
other initiatives that'd attract more contributors to Debian.

[1] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/
[2]
http://manpages.debian.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=update-
notifier&manpath=Debian+6.0+squeeze&format=ascii
[3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2011/03/msg01188.html