Re: Advocacy for YunQiang Su

On 31/10/2013 17:01, Aron Xu via nm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I advocate YunQiang Su to become Debian Developer, uploading.
> Advocacy text:
>
> I have been working with YunQiang Su since more than two years and
> I'm the sponsor of most his packages. He is very enthusiastic at
> promoting and improving Debian, and is technically capable to do
> that. He has deep involvement in the fields of input method
> (pkg-ime), network simulator (pkg-netsim), and recently he has been
> the primary mentor of the MIPS-related GSoC project of Debian which I
> have assisted throughout the process.
>
> I would like to support this application and suggest that he would be
> a great addition to our project.
>
> Aron Xu (via nm.debian.org)

Hi,

I'm not questioning YunQiang Su technicals skills, but i am concerned
about a dispute we had around mapnik ITA and sponsoring of it, see [0].

This is what i think happened:
YunQiang uploaded an update to mapnik on mentors.
I replied to the mapnik ITA and didn't realize he already did,
then i tried to make him commit his work to the git repository of
mapnik debian package. From there it was only misunderstanding,
and no collaboration was possible.

Since he didn't reply to the email i'm referring to, i figured
someone knowing him better than me could help resolve that situation.

Regards,

Jérémy

[0]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2013/08/msg00001.html