Re: DM application of Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 17:06 +0200, Eugenio wrote:

> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain part of the dependencies of Leiningen 2[1], which
> include clj-stacktrace-clojure, core-cache clojure, among others.
> I initially started packaging as part of the GSoC 2013 program and I
> wish to continue doing so as a DM after the program ends. I'm active on
> the irc channels #debian-clojure and #debian-java as eugecm.
> My GPG key AD6D6F33 is signed by the Debian Developers Alberto Gonzalez
> Iniesta and Joachim Breitner.
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thank you for your
> consideration and have a good day.
>
> [1]https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/EugenioCanoManuel

I wholeheartedly (and informally [0]) advocate Eugenio for DM and am very
pleased by his decision to take this step and his wish to continue to Debian
after this years GSoC. As his mentor I was in close contact with Eugenio for
the last couple of months and thoroughly enjoyed working with him.

This is not only because he learned and applied proper packaging techniques
for Java in Debian in a very short timeframe and immediately addressed every
problem I pointed out to him in a commendable manner, but also because I could
tell that he genuinely cares about Debian and its philosophies while talking
to him in our many video conferences. I am looking forward to continuing our
fruitful work outwith GSoC and also think that he will contribute to the
impression that Debian is a project comprised of people whom it is a pleasure
to work with.

[0] I am not a DD but a mere DM myself
--
Wolodja <debian@babilen5.org>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC