Re: DM application of Phillip Susi

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 12:04:12AM -0400, Phillip Susi wrote:
> Currently I co-maintain upstream GNU Parted, and contribute to
> upstream gparted.  I have done significant work on the parted,
> gparted, dmraid, and other packages in Ubuntu over the last several
> years, and worked with the gparted Maintainer ( Anibal ) in debian to
> fix bugs and upload new upstream releases.
>
> Anibal Monsalve Salazar and Collin Watson have said they would sponsor
> my application, so I am Ccing them.

I, too, would like to add my support to Phillip's application.

I only sponsored one of his uploads, I remember his work was of top
quality. He was able to prepare an upload during freeze, which was
uploadable without revisions. In addition, he was able to file the
unblock bug on his own, and had a strong grasp of the social norms of
Debian.

It's always a pleasure to see more Ubuntu folks in Debian, and I can
only hope Phillip serves as a role model for others.

I believe Phillip would make a great DM, and I hope he continues his
top-notch work on gparted. I surely appreciate it.

Cheers,
   Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>