AM report for Nicolas Dandrimont

I recommend to accept Nicolas Dandrimont as a Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Nicolas
   Middle name:     -
   Last name:       Dandrimont
   Key fingerprint: 791F12396630DD71FD364375B8E5087766475AAF
   Account:         olasd

2. Background
-------------
   In 2007, when I entered ENS Cachan[3], I joined CRANS[4], a student
   group that manages the whole network in the residences there. The group
   uses only Free Software to manage the network and provide a ton of
   services (mail, web hosting, IPTV, wiki, newsgroups, and, well, Internet
   access for 1200 people). All the servers were running Debian (save one
   historically running OpenBSD to serve as an IPSEC gateway for the WiFi
   the group provided on campus). I naturally went back to Debian when I
   bought a new laptop, and I've been using it ever since.

   [3] http://www.ens-cachan.fr/
   [4] http://www.crans.org/

   CRANS is a "nest" of Debian Developers (well, I know of three, Cyrille
   Chepelov, Vincent Bernat, and Stéphane Glondu), and in this environment,
   I learned my way through Debian Packaging: there are a few custom-built
   packages and backports that are needed to keep the infrastructure
   running. I started packaging for Debian proper with ramond, a tool to
   kill off rogue IPv6 Router Avertisements I installed at to save the
   network's IPv6 connectivity from lousy windows behavior. Afterwards, I
   took a mostly "scratch an itch" approach: I joined the OCaml team when I
   wanted to package newer upstream versions of some libraries for a
   robotics project at ENS, I joined the Python team to help out with
   packaging a library (python-simpy) I needed to write a simulator during
   an internship, etc. I became a Debian Maintainer thanks to my work in
   the OCaml team, although I haven't had the opportunity to use those
   privileges much, my packages being relatively quitet upstream and my
   packaging teams being (very) reactive.

   More recently (since the beginning of 2012), I have become involved in
   the mentors.debian.net project. I started by submitting a few patches to
   enhance the UI (and improve the underlying backend code). Arno Töll gave
   me commit access, then the admin right on the server to be able to push
   my changes directly. This culminated in the summer of 2012: I mentored
   two students' projects for Google Summer of Code, with Arno, Stuart
   Prescott and Asheesh Laroia as co-mentors. Although the code hasn't been
   merged so far, I consider it a success as both of the students are
   sticking around and seem willing to help with the ongoing efforts.

   A few weeks ago, zack asked me to become a GSoC organization admin for
   Debian, and I (foolishly? :D) accepted. As my packages are relatively
   quiet upstream, I can focus on that for now. I intend to keep on working
   on mentors.debian.net, improving the situation for those new
   contributors who have to wait for months to even get a response on their
   sponsorship requests. And, knowing myself, I'll certainly work to
   sponsor some of those packages once I get upload rights. One recent area
   of interest for me is Perl packaging: I have commit access to the
   upstream repository of Slic3r[5], and I have been meaning to package the
   related supporting libraries for a while (while CPAN is nice, giving
   users distribution packages is always nicer).

   [5] http://www.slic3r.org/

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Nicolas Dandrimont has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS,
   etc. in a good way. Nicolas Dandrimont committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in
   his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Nicolas Dandrimont has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Nicolas Dandrimont also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Nicolas Dandrimont as a Debian Developer.

I hearby also want to publicly apologize for being inactive as AM in the
last two month. Nicolas, i am very sorry for that. Working with you was
a great pleasure (and hopefully will also be in future).

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster