Re: DM application of Colin Ian King

Colin Ian King <colin.king@canonical.com> wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the following packages: eventstat, powerstat
>
> My GnuPG key 7062 DAA4 F001 B9C6 6167  00CF 68C2 87DF C6A8 0226 is signed
> by the following Debian Developers:
>   Kamal Mostafa (5409E422)
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.
>
> Colin Ian King

I am very pleased to endorse Colin's application to become a Debian
Maintainer.

I am familiar with his packaging work, as his upload sponsor and Debian
mentor for his packages 'eventstat' and 'powerstat' (he is the upstream
author of both).  We are also co-workers at Canonical on the Ubuntu
kernel team.

Colin is extremely diligent about all aspects of packaging software for
Debian and his work is always top-notch.  His last several revisions of
those packages have passed inspection by me (and more importantly,
lintian :-) and were uploaded with no need of adjustment.  He has a very
firm understanding of a healthy respect for the DFSG, and doesn't
hesitate to ask for guidance if he needs it.

Colin's technical skills are outstanding and he is always a pleasure to
work with.  Please accept my strong endorsement of his DM application.

 -Kamal Mostafa <kamal@debian.org>