Re: DM application of Apollon Oikonomopoulos

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 12:12:17AM +0300, Apollon Oikonomopoulos wrote:
I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

I wholeheartedly support Apollon's application to become a DM. I've known Apollon and worked with him for a number of years. I've also been his sponsor for the majority of the packages he's a maintainer for.

He's extremely skilled, he's been using and supporting Debian for years, he's passionate about free software and deeply in helping out in Debian (even by helping me rack up debian.org servers a few years ago!). I'm glad that his Debian activity has recently increased significantly, both by increasing the number of packages he maintains and by working within teams, either existing ones (Python modules, Ruby Extras) or forming new ones (HAproxy).

I'm confident that he can maintain his own packages without me or another DD reviewing every upload.

Regards,
Faidon