Re: DM application for Markus Wanner

Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch> writes:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer. I have
> read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian
> Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the package asio and and I co‐maintain the
> package monotone. In addition to that I'm working on two new packages
> that got an RFP: dparser and python-ftgl, see mentors.d.n for those.
>
> I value quality and stability of Debian a lot and I want to help in
> that area. Thus I started working on PTS. I fixed #700515 and am
> working on #702908.
>
> My GnuPG key AC9DF31B is signed by the Debian Developer Sebastian Harl
> and many other participants of FrOSCamp 2010.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

I hereby formally endorse Markus' application and recommend that he be
made a Debian Maintainer.

Apart from contributing to monotone upstream since 2006, he has also
been participating in the packaging for a year prior to applying for DM.
Collaboration with the other co-maintainers has been excellent; Markus
is a good team player, which I think is just as important as the
technical skills he has shown.  Markus has just demonstrated his ability
to track down problems with automated tests in badly configured chroots,
which speaks volumes to me.

I hope Markus will continue to contribute to Debian as well as he has in
the past year.

--
Ludovic Brenta.