Re: DM application of Matteo F. Vescovi

Hi!

On 25.04.2012 09:54, Matteo F. Vescovi wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [1].

[..]

>   and I co-maintain the following packages:
>   * gtkpod

[..]

> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer.

I've been sponsoring Matteo's work on gtkpod since May last year, when
he took over maintenance. In the mean time, Matteo found a new sponsor
for gtkpod.
While initially Matteo needed some help to get started and learn the
procedures and tools involved in maintaining a package in Debian, he was
never afraid to ask and showed great passion and enthusiasm in learning
new things.
We did communicate quite a bit via IRC and email during that time and it
has always been pleasant to work with.
In my experience Matteo has shown motivation and dedication and while I
haven't followed his recent work on other packages that closely, I think
the recent transitions he was involved with (babl/gegl, glew) were
handled nicely and they are an indication for Matteo's will to take over
more responsibility and he is now experienced enough to upload/maintain
packages on his own.

For all those reasons, I support Matteo's application to become a Debian
Maintainer.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?