Re: Advocating Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@gmail.com>

<quote who="NM Front Desk" date="Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 09:13:45PM +0000">
> Auth-Key: nmauthac6dde9ce2c84828536e356d3001d0f8
> Applicant: Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@gmail.com>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

Paul has been engaged in group maintaince of Fluxbox for several years
and has worked on a large number of other Debian packaging related
tasks both in collaboration with others and on his own. For several
before he began worjk in Debian, I worked with Paul's in Ubuntu. His
work has always been competant and technically excellent and Paul has
shown himself to be a excellent package maintainer.

Paul is deeply committed to free software, careful, enormously
competant, intelligent, friendly, and sociable. His interactions with
others have been respectful, quick, and appropriate.

I've interacted with Paul in a various context outide of Debian and I
have only praise for his character, technical ability, and dedication
to free software and to improving the world. Paul would make an
excellent Debian developer and the project should waste no time in
getting him through the NM process and recognizing his contributions
with official status as a DD.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako@debian.org

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto