Re: DM application of Julian Taylor

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 09:31:08PM +0200, Julian Taylor wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain the packages ipython, foolscap, keepass2,
> libmatheval, pycxx and I co‐maintain the packages nunit and pyzmq.
> I have contributed to various other packages like fftw3, monodevelop,
> pytables, python-scipy, python-tornado and are active in the -cli,
> -python and -science team.
> My GnuPG key 32CC4AAC028756FF is signed by the Debian Developer Michael
> Banck <mbanck@debian.org>.
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

Julian is a competent developer. He has a strong knowledge of Debian
packaging and works well within packaging teams.

In the Mono teams we recently undertook a large transition. Julian's
help was invaluable in test rebuilding all ~100 source packages for this
and triaging the results. He also provided some patches for issues. It
would have been much more difficult without his help. He maintains
keepass2 in our team and as far as I can tell is on top of issues and
interacting well with upstream.

I've seen his interactions with others in Ubuntu too. He seems to be a
go-to guy for Python packages over there.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]