Re: DM application of Jeremy Bicha

Hello!

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 06:58:41PM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the package kabikaboo
> and I co‐maintain the GNOME packages with the Debian GNOME Team.
>
> My GnuPG key EBFE6C7D is signed by the Debian Developer Andres Mejia.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

I've been silently waiting for this email to hit my inbox for some time
now, and I'm very, very happy Jeremy has taken this step forward.

Jeremy is an Ubuntu member and is very involved, as far as I can tell, in
Ubuntu Core packaging. For a long time, though, he has been working with
the Debian GNOME team, which helps us reduce the delta with Ubuntu, get
new blood in the team (something that's really appreciated) and generally
have another voice to discuss Debian←→Ubuntu matters wrt GNOME.

Jeremy is part of our team, and it's only natural he becomes (at least!) a
Debian Maintainer.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/