Re: Key signing, mid west USA?

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Robert J. Clay <rjclay@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, Robert J. Clay wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
>> > So you should make a formal request and let me be your advocate.
>> >
>> > See http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer for details.
>>
>>    I've long been interested in that;

   First sponsored uploads were for hwb back in 2007 and ttylog back in 2008.

>>  what's held me up is that first step.
>> I changed over to using a 4k bit key last year but getting it
>> (or my old 2K key) signed by a DD has not been as easy.

   The Keysigning Offers list [1] does not show anyone in my immediate
area but there are people listed who are 'nearby', with the closest
(from what I've seen so far) being about 150 miles away.

>> (The one DD who's supposed to be somewhat in my area has
>> not been contactable...)

   In that he, Jeff Teunissen, did not respond to several emails I
sent him back in April.  There were four others listed for nearby
states that I also emailed at the same time & also did not receive
Matthieu Delahaye.  Note that I received bounce emails on that last
one, with the error being:  550 Unrouteable address (in reply to RCPT
TO command)

   The emails were asking if they might be going to the 2012
Penguicon[2], which is a combined Linux & Science Fiction convention
held every year in the metro Detroit area.  It generally has a key
signing session of some sort and in this case did end up having one.

>> It is signed by two non-DDs,

   That resulted from the key signing session held at the 2012 Penguicon [2].

>> plus CACert.org.

    Received the email notification about that back in February.2012.

> Where are you from?

   Southeast Michigan, USA:  Detroit metropolitan area.

I'm in Ohio (Cleveland) now and again. Next time I'm around (I usually try to hit Ohio LinuxFest), I'll keep you in mind :)

> Feel free to ask on debian-newmaint@lists.debian.org
> for other persons.

   Is it recommended that I keep on attempting to get in contact with
those who are listed as being nearby?

--
Robert J. Clay
rjclay@gmail.com