AM report for Julien Patriarca

I recommend to accept Julien Patriarca as a Debian Developer.

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Julien
   Middle name:     -
   Last name:       Patriarca
   Key fingerprint: 34C2252964508E0BCC4BDE66397F3DB1C97A628E
   Account:         leatherface

2. Background
-------------

   I have come to GNU/Linux in 2002. I was searching something viable to
   replace Windows and I decided to give a try to a Mandrake CD which I
   was given at a fair in Paris. In the beginning it was more a challenge
   trying to set it up than a real desire. But as soon as I got it running
   I was more and more interested in what it consisted in. So I pushed
   farther my searches and discovered the Free Software world. This
   philosophy matched most of my principles and my strong disbelief in
   monopoles and closed stuff. Indeed without any knowledge of what
   existed, I was already convinced by the benefits a community spread
   project could have.

   I went on using Mandrake aside with a Mac, and in 2005 I discovered
   Fedora Core 4 which became my first daily desktop. I was so glad when I
   finally succeeded in making my Wifi connection work !
   The more my interest in Free Software was growing, the more I was
   hearing about Debian. So less than one year after having adopted Fedora,

   I decided to give Sarge a try to finally never give up ! I also decided
   to get rid of my Mac to remain with Debian only. What convinced me using
   using Debian was in the first place the social contract, and the fact
   that Debian was worldwide used without any commercial support. Of course
   some technical points such as aptitude were arguments but my conviction
   resided more on a philosophy level. Today I am using Sid on my laptops
   and don't use any proprietary software (neither Flash or anything
   similar).

   I decided to volunteer my time in 2008 by involving me in the
   Internationalisation Project. I am translating debconf screens and
   sotfware in the Debian l10n French Team which represents my activity in
   Debian until today. Since I am really convinced that the community is
   GNU/Linux's strongest feature, I found totally logical to be part of
   this community and trying to help others like they helped and go on
   helping me. My wishes are to go on with my translations activities, take
   part in organizing events and why not helping the dedicated
   Debian infrastructure teams.

C++ GNU/Linux userspace developer, Debian Developer