Advocacy for Leandro Gómez

Hello,

I advocate Leandro Gómez to become non-uploading DD.
Advocacy text:

[Entered by Enrico, piecing together bits from two emails]

Leandro was one of the critical people who made DebConf12 a clear
success.  Working with him, both before and during the conference, it is
clear to me that he is committed to the project, and that he possesses
patience, skill, and energy dedicated to making Good Things happen for
Debian and free software in general.

In particular, his friendly coordination of other volunteers, and his
calm and capable handling of the shifting and contingent logistics that
seem to accompany most DebConfs were crucial to making a good event, and
to facilitating the participation of other people as well.  His ability
to do effective outreach is a great example of meaningful non-packaging
contributions to the project.

He has clearly been doing free software outreach work
for many years, from FLISOL back in 2007 [0], where (among other things)
he helped people learn about a major debian derivative, to organizing
the first central american free software encuentro in 2009 [1], to
actively contributing to the debconf11 publicity materials [2] (despite
not being able to make it to Bosnia), to being the author of the most
convincing (to my eyes) logo proposals for debconf13 [3].

[0] http://installfest.info/FLISOL2007/Nicaragua/Leon
[1] http://softwarelibre.ca/node/12
[2] http://blog.debconf.org/blog/debconf11/vo_insiderssummary.dc
[3] http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/LogoIdeas

I've seen personally that he has done a significant amount of outreach and
publicity work for Debian (in both dc11 and dc12), and is continuing to
do so (for dc13).

Having Leogg as a DD will be an asset to Debian.  Please welcome him
into the NM process.

Daniel Kahn Gillmor (via nm.debian.org)