Re: DM application of Ian Campbell

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 05:15:22PM -0600, Ian Campbell wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain ivtv-utils and have contributed to the Xen
> hypervisor packages as well as the kernel, debian-installer and
> debian-cd teams. Mostly my contributions have been Xen related but
> recently I've also made some contributions to Dreamplug support (kernel,
> flash-kernel, installer).

I would like to recommend Ian to become part of Debian community.
I had the opportunity to meet him in person during Debconf, which means
he is interested to get to know more on the project via social events.

I had the opportunity to work with Ian adding new platform to Debian ARM
devices, he has proben to be more than competent for the task and really
friendly and nice to work with.

He clearly understands philosophy, guidelines and policy which drives Debian
community, so I personally think Debian can profit from Ian in very different
ways (and viceversa). :-)

Regards,
--
  Hector Oron