AM report for Cleto Martín Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>

Hi,

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Cleto
   Middle name:     Martín
   Last name:       Angelina
   Key fingerprint: 1FC9 AF77 380C 91A8 545F  4CE2 4933 DAB4 00EF 5DFB
   Account:         cleto
   Forward email:   cleto.martin@gmail.com

   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developers:
Francisco Moya <paco@debian.org> (two times, one of it can be deleted)

   Output from keycheck.sh:
gpg: requesting key 00EF5DFB from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
pub   2048R/00EF5DFB 2010-06-12
      Key fingerprint = 1FC9 AF77 380C 91A8 545F  4CE2 4933 DAB4 00EF 5DFB
uid                  Cleto Martín Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>
sig!         D047CDE1 2010-12-08  Francisco Moya <paco@debian.org>
sig!         D047CDE1 2011-02-08  Francisco Moya <paco@debian.org>
sig!3        00EF5DFB 2010-06-12  Cleto Martín Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>
sig!3        00EF5DFB 2010-06-12  Cleto Martín Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>
uid                  Cleto Martín Angelina <cleto.martin@uclm.es>
uid                  Cleto Martín Angelina <cleto@member.fsf.org>
sig!         D047CDE1 2010-12-08  Francisco Moya <paco@debian.org>
sig!         D047CDE1 2011-02-08  Francisco Moya <paco@debian.org>
sig!3        00EF5DFB 2010-06-12  Cleto Martín Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>
uid                  [jpeg image of size 1845]
sig!         D047CDE1 2010-12-08  Francisco Moya <paco@debian.org>
sig!         D047CDE1 2011-02-08  Francisco Moya <paco@debian.org>
sig!3        00EF5DFB 2010-06-12  Cleto Martín Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>
sub   2048R/DABBFDE5 2010-06-12
sig!         00EF5DFB 2010-06-12  Cleto Martín Angelina <cleto.martin@gmail.com>

8 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
Key has only 2048 bits.  Please explain why this key size is used
(see [KM] for details).
[KM] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00003.html
Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
Valid "s" flag, no expiration.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:
Firstly, I want to thank you for your attention. I would like to
apologize for my English and I hope my answers can be understood. :-)

> Do you (co-)maintain any packages? Did you get any feedback on your
> packages from users, maybe in the form of bug reports or via other
> channels? Please give a short summary about the work you have done so
> far on the packages.

Currently, I maintain atheist, linthesia (both as primary maintainer)
and zeroc-ice packages (co-maintaining with Franciso). In the latter
case, I adapted zeroc-ice packages to Debian Policy under Francisco
supervision. Francisco have not enough time to continue with
these packages, so it is sure I will take care about them.

I have done packages for ZThreads library (currently at NEW queue) and
CxxTest testing framework (still in develop).

I have feedback from different users via BTS mainly. I have tried to
close their bugs as soon as possible.

> Are you a 'Debian Maintainer' as described on
> http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers or do you plan to become a DM?

No. I am sponsored maintainer, but I plan to become a DD.

> Are you involved in any porting activity? Do you work on or provide
> Debian infrastructure, like build daemons, mirror servers, or other
> services for users or developers?

No, I'm not involved in any porting activity. However, I am
powerpc user (iBook G4) and I always solve my problem locally. I have
never published my results to Debian (sorry about this). I think I may
collaborate with Debian powerpc porting team in testing or building
packages tasks or writing manuals.

> Are you working on the Debian webpages? Do you do translations of
> package descriptions, debconf templates, or other parts of Debian?

No.

> Have you written bug reports, or contributed input to existing
> reports? Did you write patches? Please list the packages with bug
> numbers and titles you made a non-trivial contribution to.

I have reported bugs to following packages:

* firmware-b43-installer: 517032
* piuparts: 574936 and 573904 (both with accepted patchs)
* mcpp: 611749 (accepted NMU). We need this for zeroc-ice 3.4.1 version.
* go2: 570249 and 588270. Go2's maintainer is my workmate and he is
 busy now. I will help him to solve that problems.
* zeroc-ice: 596719. Just for new upstream release.
* release.debian.org: 610023. I thought I could to solve some minor
 bugs for Squeeze but I was wrong :-S.

> Do you participate in any team like those listed on
> http://www.debian.org/intro/organization or similar? Are you involved
> in any other Debian sub-project or related project (e.g. DebConf)?
> With which Debian Developers or contributors have you worked with so
> far?

Not a really participation. I got in contact with Tobias Grimm
(pkg-vdr-dvb-de team) because I was interested in libsockets package. I
have writting permissions to develop this package using their alioth
repository but that package is now less useful for me and I am not
spending time on it at the moment.

I have done tiny-collaborations with Holger Levsen in piuparts (less I
would like to). I hope to help piuparts project in the future.

> Are you active on Debian mailing lists? On IRC? The Debian wiki? Any
> other communication media? Have you been to DebConf or other Debian
> events? Have you ever helped out at a booth run by Debian at fairs or
> conferences?

I'm not really active at Debian list. Many times I am afraid to give my
opinion because Debian people is really good technically and I think my
opinion is worse. I hope to solve this issue ASAP :-).

More seriously, I have written many Debian-specific howtos at
crysol.org [1]. Furthermore, I have organized last Debian Release Party
[2] and were they were 20. I know is poor but I expected less than this
number.

I have given an official course titled "Introduction to GNU/Linux" in
my University and I used Debian as base distribution.

> Are you upstream author of any open source program? Which other open
> source communities are you involved in?

Beside maintaining tasks, I help to develop atheist testing framework.

> Which role (packaging/porting/documentation/other) would you like to
> go through NM as?

I would like packaging role mainly, and maybe help with powerpc porting.

> Anything else you think we should be interested in? Maybe things you
> would like to do in the future?

I am a beginner researcher and my interest are computer networks,
distributed systems and testing environments. I think I can offer my
little experience in project I will be involved.

I am a FSF member (6977) and I see free software as a social movement,
not only technical stuffs. In fact, I am organizing the Free Software
Days at Ciudad Real (Spain), where RMS will attend.

Finally, I would be happy to belong to a community like Debian
where very different people share the same objective.

   Google says:
   Google agrees what's written above. He has a Linkedin profile[3] if
   someone is interested and an outdated, Spanish blog[4].

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Cleto has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS,
   etc. in a good way. He is committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his
   Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

   Moya [paco]).
   All packages are in good shape.
   Also co-maintainer of atheist, libjsoncpp, linthesia,
   python-logging-extra, zeroc-ice and zeroc-ice-manual (non-free/doc).
   Cleto also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Cleto Martín Angelina as a Debian Developer.

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS
[1] http://crysol.org/es/bitacoras?uid=cleto&status=1 (search 'Debian' word)
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartySqueeze#ReleasePartySqueeze.2BAC8-Spain.2BAC8-CiudadReal.Spain.3ACiudadReal