AM report for Thadeu Cascardo

(This application was previously managed by Michael Koch)

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Thadeu
   Middle name:     Lima de Souza
   Last name:       Cascardo
   Key fingerprint: DF81 3B22 6DD3 9A2C 530F  6F7D 0ABA 6503 72FD 9571
   Account:         cascardo
   Forward email:   cascardo@minaslivre.org

   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developer:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

gpg: requesting key 72FD9571 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
pub   4096R/72FD9571 2012-04-11 [expires: 2014-04-11]
      Key fingerprint = DF81 3B22 6DD3 9A2C 530F  6F7D 0ABA 6503 72FD 9571
uid                  Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo@minaslivre.org>
sig!         3264A5C4 2012-05-03  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@debian.org>
sig!3        72FD9571 2012-04-11  Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo@minaslivre.org>
uid                  Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo@cascardo.info>
uid                  Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo@holoscopio.com>
sig!         3264A5C4 2012-05-03  Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal) <metal@debian.org>
sig!3        72FD9571 2012-04-11  Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo@minaslivre.org>
sub   4096R/29B9CE46 2012-04-11 [expires: 2014-04-11]
sig!         72FD9571 2012-04-11  Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo@minaslivre.org>

Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
Key has 4096 bits.
Valid "e" flag, expires Fri 11 Apr 2014 02:11:51 UTC.
Valid "s" flag, expires Fri 11 Apr 2014 02:11:51 UTC.

The previous key with fingerprint FB0E 6ACC 40D5 CFFF 0340  45E8 C93A 6BC9 172A B52D
was signed by 5 developers:

gpg: requesting key 172AB52D from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
gpg: NOTE: signature key 172AB52D expired Tue 31 Aug 2010 19:44:57 UTC
pub   1024D/172AB52D 2007-04-11 [expired: 2010-08-31]
      Key fingerprint = FB0E 6ACC 40D5 CFFF 0340  45E8 C93A 6BC9 172A B52D
uid                  Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo (Minas Livre) <cascardo@minaslivre.org>
sig!         90E5CA46 2007-04-19  Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <faw@debian.org>
sig!         268A084D 2008-04-23  Pablo Lorenzzoni (Spectra) <spectra@debian.org>
sig!         0F9CB28F 2008-05-03  Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@softwarelivre.org>
sig!         005C3B82 2008-08-15  Jose Parrella <bureado@debian.org>
sig!         307D56ED 2008-08-24  Noèl Köthe <noel@debian.org>
gpg: NOTE: signature key 172AB52D expired Tue 31 Aug 2010 19:44:57 UTC
Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.
Key has only 1024 bits.  This is not acceptable if the application
was started after October 1st, 2010 (see [KM] for details).
[KM] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00003.html
This is an DSA key.  This might need an explanation (see [KM] for details).
[KM] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/09/msg00003.html
Valid "e" flag, no expiration.
Valid "s" flag, but it expires Tue 31 Aug 2010 19:44:57 UTC.
This is too soon!
Please ask the applicant to extend the lifetime of their OpenPGP key.

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

I've started playing with computers 17 years ago, with an Intel 486. I
started writing little programs with BATCH and the with BASIC. Less
than two years later (I can't recall exactly when), I had contact with
GNU/Linux in a ISP owned by my uncle, the first one in town. I
modified a few scripts in Perl that would allow customers change their
passwords and query their access hours (by that time, you had to pay
for an hour of dial-up access).

By 1999, I bought a book of writing programs in C for Linux (in fact,
for GNU, since the focus were on gcc, gnu makefile, rcs and gnu libc).
That was when I've really become a programmer.

But it was not until 2002, about a year after I've moved to a bigger
city to go to college, that I've found out what Free Software really
was. Until then, I've only heard about Linux and Open Source. Nothing
about GNU or Free Software. I was used to Conectiva, which, at the
start, was a translated copy of Red Hat (I still own their first box,
which they call Conectiva Red Hat Linux). The person who enlightened
me was Gustavo Noronha (kov@debian.org), and I got into reading Free
Software Foundation Philosophy section all that weekend.

I decided to try Linux From Scratch, in which I built an entire
system, including toolchain, and that taught me a lot about the
technical details of how the system worked. When my filesystem
crashed, more than a year later, I decided to really try Debian, and
that is the system I've been using for more than eight years now.

I've contributed to many free softwares fixing bugs mostly and I
usually report and send patches for some Debian bugs and upstream
bugs.  I've been working with the XMPP team and still report and try
to fix some bugs in the way.

I have been working lately with ppc64 and I have an interest in
helping with this new port.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Thadeu has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures and
   answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS, etc. in a
   good way. Thadeu committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his Debian work and
   accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Thadeu has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian. He is
   maintainer of landell, libiksemel, udns and co-maintainer of several
   packages, including apt-listchanges, gsasl, gstreamer-hplugins, and other
   xmpp-related. Gustavo Noronha Silva (kov) and Marcelo Jorge Vieira (metal)
   have sponsored Thadeu's packages.

   Thadeu also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs:

http://bugs.debian.org/448561
http://bugs.debian.org/453220
http://bugs.debian.org/403100

   minechangelogs reports also sending a patch to solve a bug in totem.

   I recommend to accept Thadeu Cascardo as a Debian Developer.

Santiago