Re: Applying for DD: question about 1024 and 4096-bit keys

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:24:16PM +0100, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo
wrote:
> I would like to apply for DD, I am currently DM.  I've been using a
> 1k-bit key [1] until now, but I recently created the 4k-bit one [2] a
> couple of months ago to prepare for the future. So the future has
> arrived, and I already need the new key to apply for DD.
>
> My questions are (please point to a recent thread or a document if
> available):
>
> 1) I guess that I should do everything related with the application
> with the new 4k-bit key, right?
>
> 2) Should I do anything special to point out to people doing checks
> that I was using the other key before, so for example they can easily
> locate all of my package uploads?

File an RT ticket requesting your 1024D DM key is replaced with your
4096R one, then apply to be a DD with the 4096R key.

http://keyring.debian.org/replacing_keys.html

Your new key looks to be signed by several existing DD keys, so you
should be good to go.

You might still want to point out to your AM that you've changed key in
case they're searching for uploads by key instead of email address/name.

J.

--
Revd Jonathan McDowell, ULC | You non-conformists are all alike.