Re: DM application of Dmitry Smirnov

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 17:14:17 +1100, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:

> Here is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.

I hereby support Dmitry's application to become DM.

> Currently, I (co)maintain packages
> [..]
>   * mc
> [..]

I was sponsoring mc after Dmitry has done *a* *real* *lot* of work on
this de facto orphaned package.  While there was a formal pkg-mc team
this was admittedly not functional for about two years and without
Dmitry work this situation would not have changed.  Thanks to his work
we do not only have the latest upstream version in Debian now but the
bug count was drastically reduced (I have not really counted but I think
Dmitry ficed about 30 bugs).  It was a nice and fruitful communication
with him over the mailing list - in short I hereby advocate Dmitry as
Debian Maintainer.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--