Re: DM application of David Steele

Dear all,

I am happy to support David Steele's application for becoming a Debian
maintainer.

Working as his sponsor for the gnome-gmail package, I found each of the versions
to be already of very high quality, and any changes I proposed nevertheless
were of wishlist-like nature. This confirms that he already has a profound
knowledge of the Debian Policy. He will have gained additional knowledge of
Debian's infrastructure by his work on piuparts, which others will surely
comment on in more detail.

On the social side, I always found Dave to be easy to communicate with, he was
very responsive and concise in his emails.

Best regards,
Michael