Re: New nm.debian.org site is up!

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for the new website! From the first look, it already seems to do
nearly everything that I need :-)

On Tue, March 6, 2012 13:55, Enrico Zini wrote:
> You should be hearing more about this (and about what is a Debian web
> password) soon :)

Great. Can you tell us something more about that or can we read some
discussion somewhere? I'm interested since I've been doing a lot with web
auth protocols so I'd like to see if my experiences align with the plans.

> * Helping with development
>
> Following good Debian practices, the code for the new site is linked at
> the bottom of every page;

OK, I've got the first request right here. The site insists in displaying
names of AM's and NM's divided between First, Middle and Last name (e.g.:
at the top of https://nm.debian.org/am/amprofile).

To many of us non-Americans the concept of a "middle" name may be unknown:
most persons here have between one and five given names and a surname;
there's no such thing as any name being the 'middle' one, many people have
just one and of course we all know at least one person without even a
first name.

The split between first/middle/last adds in my opinion no value for the NM
website - this is confirmed by the code which uses those fields only to
form the fullname attribute and to display them in the person info table.
Let's just simplify and make the name one string in the data model. If you
agree I can see to create a patch.

Cheers,
Thijs