Re: DM application of Brian Thomason

Hello,

On 02/10/2012 05:53 PM, Brian Thomason wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain the packages bouncycastle, ha-jdbc, groovy1.7.2,
> jasperreports3.7, and rampart and I co‐maintain the packages
> geronimo-javamail-1.4-provider, geronimo-javamail-1.4-spec,
> geronimo-stax-1.2-spec, libbtm-java, libhamcrest-java,
> libhibernate-jbosscache-java, libjboss-cache3-java, libjgroups-java, and
> velcotiy. My GnuPG key 513F86CD is signed by the Debian Developer
> Steffen Moeller. I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks
> for your attention.

Brian does an awesome job on those Java packages. I borked a few times
(at least once visibly) while reviewing and sponsoring, but Brian is very
kind and forgiving.  He has already upload privileges to Ubuntu and
having him also with us would smoothen the trans-distributional experience
quite a bit.

Brian attended our Debian Med sprint, granting the opportunity to have his
key also signed by Andreas to match the latest requirements for DM entry.
I then had the pleasure to have Brian visiting me for a few days to work on
the packages, so we got to know each other pretty well. Brian will certainly
enrich our community in many ways. Let him in, please.

Steffen