Re: Advocating Alessandro Ghedini <al3xbio@gmail.com>

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 20:07:58 +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:

> Auth-Key: nmauthde0ddbe2d488a2009a00654339b17446
> Applicant: Alessandro Ghedini <al3xbio@gmail.com>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
>
> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?
>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?
>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

I hereby advocate Alessandro's application as a DD.

Alessandro is a member of the Debian Perl Group since at least
December 2010, and he's one of the most active members constantly
since then.

When he joined the team, I was pleasantly surprised how quick he
learned all the written and unwritten rules, policies, and procedures
both of Debian at large and our group, and he soon prepared very good
packages. Since a long time I'm usually uploading his packages
without any (request for) changes, so it's about time he can do this
himself :)

Alessandro cares for a whole bunch of packages (he's in Uploaders for
85 according to my local git repos but IIRC he has worked on more)
and has done the whole range of maintainer duties (new upstream
release, fixing bugs, interacting with users and upstream, adopting
packages and bringing them up to date, etc.) in an excellent way; but
he also cares about things like out internal tools and thereby makes
lives easier for all of us.

It's a pleasure to work together with Alessandro, he's always
friendly and helpful, and also asks for help or picks up proposals in
the rare cases where this was appropriate.

I really hope to see Alessandro as a fellow DD soon.

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: Simon and Garfunkel