Re: DM application of Ivo Maintz

Dear all,

On 02/06/2012 01:45 PM, Ivo Maintz wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages cain and libsbml5, sponsored by
> Steffen Moeller, and I'm preparing libsbml4 and copasi.
>
> My GnuPG key C173626A is signed by the debian Developer Steffen Moeller
> <moeller@debian.org>
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your
> attention.
>
> Ivo Maintz

I fully support Ivo's application. Ivo impressed me most with his work on
libsbml5, which is far from straight forward and for a newbie to all the
packaging not the typical point of entry. Ivo is ambitious, needs little (if
at all) guidance and afraid of nothing. We have recently met at the
Debian Med sprint, also for key signing, and this has only confirmed
all my positive thoughts about him and his packages.

Please let him in.

Steffen