Re: DM application of Barry Warsaw

On Thursday, February 02, 2012 02:45:53 PM Barry Warsaw wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a `Debian Maintainer`_.
>
> I have read the `Social Contract`_, `Debian Free Software Guidelines`_, and
> `Debian Machine Usage Policy`_, and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages flufl.bounce, flufl.enum, flufl.i18n,
> flufl.lock, and flufl.password.
>
> My GnuPG key 0xA74B06BF is signed by Debian Developers Scott Kitterman,
> Stefano Zacchiroli, Iain Lane, and Evan Broder.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer.  Thank you for your
> attention.

I've recently sponsored all of these packages and found them to be in good
shape.  I am confident that Barry is ready to upload them on his own.
Additionally, I've worked with Barry on a number of other Python related
packages both in Debian and in a popular Debian derivative.  This work confirms
my believe that his packaging skills and knowledge are appropriate for DM.

Scott K