Re: DM application of Daniel Pocock

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 06:34:50PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages ganglia-modules-linux, dynalogin
> and I co‐maintain the packages ganglia, resiprocate.
>
> I also maintain some of those packages in the OpenCSW community:
> http://www.opencsw.org/maintainers/daniel/
>
> My GnuPG key 0x7BD756C4 is signed by the Debian Developer Salvatore
> Bonaccorso.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

I believe that Daniel Pocock has the technical skills needed to maintain
Debian packages. I support his application to become a Debian
maintainer. Daniel has been an active participant in managing
releases of the Ganglia project, and he already maintains the Ganglia
packages on OpenCSW and he has been active in migrating the reSIProcate
project from a bespoke build system to autotools, to facilite Debian
packaging.

As the current maintainer for the debian ganglia package I'm keen to
allow Daniel to help drectly with new package releases and ongoing
packaging enhancements.

Stu.