AM report for Daisuke Higuchi

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Daisuke
   Last name:       Higuchi
   Key fingerprint: 0B29 D88E 42E6 B765 B8D8  EA50 7839 619D D439 668E
   Account:         dai
   Forward email:   debian@vdr.jp

   ID check passed, key signed by 5 existing developers:

 pub   4096R/D439668E 2010-03-26
      Key fingerprint = 0B29 D88E 42E6 B765 B8D8  EA50 7839 619D D439 668E
uid                  HIGUCHI Daisuke (VDR dai) <debian@vdr.jp>
sig!3        D439668E 2010-05-29  HIGUCHI Daisuke (VDR dai) <debian@vdr.jp>
sig!         080EA63C 2010-07-11  Tatsuya Kinoshita <tats@vega.ocn.ne.jp>
sig!         CA1CF964 2010-07-10  Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org>
sig!         BCD1BC92 2010-07-19  Yukiharu YABUKI <yabuki@netfort.gr.jp>
sig!         2AAAB140 2010-09-12  Hideki Yamane (Debian-JP)
<henrich@debian.or.jp>
sig!         40AD1FA6 2010-09-11  Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@debian.org>

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

"It was about 15 years ago, my first come to GNU/Linux and free software was
during my university.  At the time, I did not know free software,
it was surprised me.  Especially, GCC, TeX, Perl, Ruby, and so on.
I would let people to know its wonderful experience.
In the early days, my doing was only using free software.
Later, I want to return my taking from free software to it.

In Debian, I maintain gkrelluim (since 2010/05/23)
and pidgin-twitter (since 2010/09/20),
and co-maintain w3m (2011/02/21) and uim (since 2011/06/25).
I adopted uim from previous maintainer (sinse 2011/10/15).

I closed over 20 bugs of uim and w3m, some of bugs stayed about 7 years.
I forwarded uim and w3m bugs to upstream and discussed to fix it with them.
Since 2011/03/03, I am a Debian Maintainer.

In Debian JP Project, I helped to check squeeze release-notes ja.po
and developers-reference-ja 3.4.6 ja.po.
I squashed seueeze's 17 RC bugs.

After this, I work on maintain my own packages,
and help to translate and check official document for Japanese.
Moreover, I improve Debian's quality, e.g. bug squashing.
I want many people to know and use Debian and work together."

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   dai has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   dai has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of gkrelluim, pidgin-twitter and uim, and
   co-maintainer of w3m. All packages are in good shape.

   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided an NMU for an RC bug, a QA upload and missing man pages,
   and did bug triage on w3m.

   I recommend to accept Daisuke Higuchi as a Debian Developer.