Re: DM application of Emmanuel Kasper

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 08:42:46PM +0100, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.

I'm happy to advocate Emmanuel's application.

I've been working with him in the effort to package MAME and MESS for the
(unluckily) non-free archive, and he has showed he clearly understands the
Debian packaging processes, licensing issues, etc.

MAME is a monster source package, but our Debian package ships an
impressive 840+ lines long dep5 copyright file that describes the
licensing mess of MAME to the very last detail.

Emmanuel has proved not only being a good team mate, but also a good
downstream, and is always in touch with MAME upstream authors when issues
come up or bugs reports and patches need to be forwarded.

I'll be happy to see Emmanuel accepted as a Debian Maintainer.

Thanks,
Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/