Re: DM application of Paul Tagliamonte

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 02:05:29AM +0000, Paul R. Tagliamonte wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
> Currently, I maintain the package fbautostart
> and I co-maintain the packages alexandria and fluxbox.
> My GnuPG key 4096R/807C2A87 is signed by the Debian Developers:

I have not worked with Paul directly on technical work (though I know
people who have), but I can attest that, on a personal level, having
more people like Paul in Debian will make Debian a better project. He is
friendly, cheerful, enthusiastic, responsive, and a pleasure to be
around. Meeting people like Paul is why I'm glad I'm on the regional GPG
keysigning list for the Boston area.

While this non-technical advocation would perhaps be better suited to a
New Maintainer application (which I hope he applies for ASAP), and
someone else will need to advocate him technically, I still think it's
worthwhile to show my support of Paul and his application generally.

cheers,
Christine
christine@debian.org