Re: Advocating Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu>

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauth50f0b3768294d803d89621ad75fca862
> Applicant: Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

I have been knowning Tanguy for five years now.

Tanguy has always been interested in sharing his knowledge on
FLOSS with others. A few years ago, he took over the most famous
Debian install tutorial in France ("Formation Debian GNU/Linux ",
http://formation-debian.via.ecp.fr/). He is still maintaing this
website. Recently, I have also discovered an interesting initiative of
his: http://www.auto-hebergement.fr/. This project's objective is
to sensitise people about self hosting services to avoid depending on
third parties.

Tanguy and I got back in touch when he started reporting bugs and (more
interesting) sending patches against the dokuwiki packages. Little
by little, he learned all that is needed to do decent packaging so I
asked him to comaintain dokuwiki with me. Eventually, he has become the
main maintainer and doesn't even need me to upload as he is a Debian
maintainer.

He also maintains autojump and latexila and he adopted libasyncns. He
plans to work on packaging itstool (po4a-like tool which is used by
latexila and may also be used by GNOME-related projects) and pluxml
(DB-less blog website).

Tanguy's blog is available on Planet Debian and was recently quoted in
the DPN.

In my humble opinion, recruiting him would definitely be a added value
for the Debian project.

--
Mohammed Adnène Trojette