Re: Advocating David Leggett <david+debian@asguard.org.uk>

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:12:13 +0000
NM Front Desk <recommend@nm.debian.org> wrote:

> Auth-Key: nmauthb23bfd7177d15dd9b2b0dc27ce4f4b3e
> Applicant: David Leggett <david+debian@asguard.org.uk>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
>
> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?
>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?
>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

David hasn't contributed directly to Debian yet but intends to help
with the debian-CD team, having already helped out at DebConf11 and
has a clear aptitude for debugging. David is also an advocate for the
current Release Goal to stop using /dev/dsp on Linux. David has a very
strong electronics background and already understands he principles of
a binary distribution.

David interacts well with current DebianUK people and at DebConf11.

I recommend David as a Debian Developer, he will be an asset to
Debian.

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/NoLinuxDevDsp

--

Neil Williams