Re: DD age histogram (was: Histogram of ages of packages)

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 11:11:02PM +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
> About histogram, some months ago I wondered about the distribution of
> DD's age, and moreover how it evolves in time (is Debian still
> successful in catching interest of *young* contributors ?).
>
> Average DD is 34, 80% of them are between 26 and 42.
>
> All data:
> http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/developers-age-histogramm/

That's great, thanks for doing and sharing it. I agree with you that
it's way more than just a fun hack, but it can be a useful tool to
understand how the DD community evolves and related figures (e.g. the
correlation among age periods and the amount of volunteer time can have
a lot to say on able people power in Debian).

It would be great if we can, on the next DPN, encourage DDs to provide
and/or fix they birthday information in LDAP (of course stressing that's
entirely optional, but potentially useful).

Last suggestion, I'd be nice to have the stats as you produce it
published on nm.d.o (even if nmlist.php is not yet considered). I know
FD is overworked, so let me know if people want a bug report against
nm.debian.org for this.

Thanks again, it's very interesting data to monitor!
Cheers.